Miss me !
So, over last 3 weeks I had not been doing very well. I wrote the first sentence 2 weeks back. It took me that long to write further. That's how consistent I have become over the last 3 months. I know this is not what we agreed upon. I will try to do better going forward.
So yea, I was out sick, so I had to miss out on an event that I was planning at work and also another trip to Pune for 2 days to catch up with my peers. The feeling of FOMO is so real when you start seeing the photos of fun, some jokes that only folks who were there would understand and a lot of wonderful memories that they were all making while I was on a curd rice - cucumber diet with electrolytes and medicines as snacks !
I have always wondered how people will remember me when I am gone and if people will remember me at all. Well, we all do this, don't we ? It reminds me of that one Friends episode where Ross fakes his death to see how many people show up at his wake. While I would not do something drastic like that, just NOT showing up somewhere was a good way to find an answer to my question. There are 100 people in that room and still there are folks who reach out just to check in on you and your absence being felt across the board is a weirdly good feeling. No one needs to reach out to me telling me they missed me. They are all my colleagues, friends. They had other colleagues and friends around with whom they had a lot of fun. Just the fact that they took a minute to tell me they felt my absence there made me feel reassured that I am probably doing something right in my life.
Some days I get into a zone where people making me feel like a villain in their story, almost convincing me that I am one! I say almost, because I always come back to my senses and do not beat myself over such stories. It needs to be treated like how you'd treat stories. Read and move on. You don't always live as the characters you are reading. Thankfully, for the handful of villain versions, I have an overflowing stack of versions where I am a great friend, a good company, a person of many interests, someone who is helpful and someone who is selfless too. I realized my energy spent on the people writing even a sentence of positive experience in their books is of better use of my energy.
A thank you to everyone who reaches out every now and then saying they missed my presence and felt my absence. You don't know how much this means to me, but now you know it does. So THANK YOU !
Until next time, miss me. Happy Reading !
Comments