Do good unto others
So last weekend, my entire department was set out for a day outing at an adventure resort. Now this is an entire day and people tend to get tired and fall sick by the end of the day. Not surprising, given that we are always working in closed, AC rooms at office and not everyone is physically active or runs marathons.
I bought a whole bunch of Electral(Oral Rehydration) Sachets which could be used in case someone needed it. Packed it up in my bag, was all set for the fun day which we had been planning for more than a month. I wrapped up my calls on Friday and was just about to fall asleep ahead of a long day on Saturday and I felt some tummy troubles. I hardly slept at night and by 3am I had to let my teams know that I would not be able to show up !Bummer (Pun not intended!). And in such situations, one is severely dehydrated and guess what comes as a saviour ? Yes, Electral ! This is not something that is usually stored at home. It is only bought when someone has a severe need for it.
That is when it hit me. No, actually, that time nothing else was running on my mind other than how do I recover from this. But later, yes, it hit me that I was in possession of this miracle concoction only because I chose to procure a couple of them for my colleagues. So yea, always think of doing good for others and thinking of good things about others !
P.S: To the 5 people to read this - this is obviously not an endorsement for Electral - please consult your doctor.
Comments