Skip to main content

June - Doctor/Hospital month??? Is this the start of a trend?


 June 12th 2014, I went for a regular scan to my Gynec - 37 weeks into my pregnancy and was asked to go for an immediate scan, that followed a suggestion to get admitted right away, and then surgery was scheduled the next day. 28 years on earth and I had never been admitted at a hospital for anything, not even typhoid or chicken pox! And here I was hospitalized for 11 days, 1 pre-surgery, 10 post until my son recovered from jaundice ! And that's the end, I thought ! 

June 4th, 2022, I was out shopping with my son. My previous blog posts detail the ordeal and how i was again hospitalized for a week for concussion and surgery to my face for bruises. A plastic surgery that didn't change my "beauty". 

Cut to June 16th 2023, a couple of days ago, woke up with a sharp, shooting pain, like contractions non-stop and ended up getting admitted, drips and pain killers not being effective, to rushing to a scan that helped find the root cause - Hemorrhage of cyst in ovary. Sounds heavy and the pain was unbearable - justified by the name.  Meds, injections, drips later, back home, but now got to continue meds for the next 3 months, another scan and then the next steps. Sigh! Why June, Why? No more drama, please. :D 

Also, with each year, the one constant support has been Mr. Husband. Stayed with me for 10 days in 2014, returned after just reaching Kabini post vacation to take care of me in 2022 and stayed back and stuck with me as i screamed and shriveled in pain without a warning! My family and my kiddo end up going through more agony but they are happy when I am back in form.  I am thankful that even with these "minor inconveniences" in my life, I am lucky to have the right medical support and strength from family and friends. This too shall pass. June will go and July will come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Count your blesssings

  "I thought you were dead" , my son said, recollecting how he felt post our accident and when i was being carried to the hospital - all of which he witnessed in person, full of fear and worry that the most terrible thing happened to his mother. These words, no matter how hard they are to hear, it was important for him to let me know how he felt. Behind all the brave face he put for everyone else, I needed to hear my son's actual emotion seeing me lifeless for a while. For the last week that I had been back home, he continued to stick to his father, shows up a lot of maturity and growth in the 3 weeks that I missed being his mother - during this time, I was 1 week out in Malaysia for work and 1 week in hospital and 1 week at home - as a patient! We are slowly getting back to the routine of being ourselves. Somethings we cannot get back to how it was anymore. We both have just changed. I don't cuddle him as much as I used to. I let him be, except when I need him to get

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

Some days when you don't want to start on some new show and you don't want to watch something without knowing the ending, you'd go back to shows or movies that you have loved as a child. Yesterday was one such day. I went on to watch Jim Carrey's "The Truman Show". When I watched it as a younger person, I liked it for Jim's acting and the entire storyline seemed outrageous and yet heartbreaking. How can one person's life be in front of camera all the time and how can one be living a lie !  Present age, in 2024, when I watched this, I saw it in a different light. With social media being rampant, with everyone having access to cameras on their phone to instantly capture a video, no one can escape being a "Truman". Any instance of your life can be captured by someone and you could end up being ridiculed or hailed a superstar overnight. The superstardom can fall overnight too, but the ridicule remains long after it subsides too. We also live a li

Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom

Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom - roughly translates from Tamizh as "Some pages missing from the middle". This movie has made me laugh so much and I still remember the condition he had - Medula Oblangata (which may not be the right medical reference - I don't know!). So it is a story of a man who loses his memory of the last 1 year and remembers everything else and functions normally. Little did I know that I'd end up in a similar situation - now, suddenly it is no longer funny! Post accident, I seemed to remember perfectly well, everything up until the 15 minutes before the accident. Anything that occurred from that moment also did not seem to be in retention. I was talking to people, whatsapping, basically, functioning as usual and not knowing that I would not recollect that conversation at all. It's almost 3 months now, I am back to normal I believe, however, June was hazy for sure. What I did while at the hospital and when I was back home, I cannot remember no