Skip to main content

A post a day keeps the whiling away away....

                                          


Opened up my blog yesterday which hardly has anyone peeping in, not even me! I love writing. It is my channel to express myself, let things flow out of my head into a more concrete medium - whether it makes sense or not, I don't really care.

The last post before I resumed yesterday was a year ago. It almost feels like trauma triggered writing instead of the good stuff. So trying to get into a habit of writing atleast a small write-up every single day(almost). 

Life is sometimes overwhelming, I feel like giving up and hibernating and then I am suddenly charged with energy, I see my purpose and I am super delighted to work a lot ! It is a rollercoaster of emotions and I am getting used to it now. No self-doubt. Only self-motivation. I am the best at what I do. I add value no matter where I go and I sometimes know when to hang my coat and take a break. I am getting better as a person in dealing with my emotions and reactions. I am growing older and wiser and am very proud of myself and how I have evolved.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Count your blesssings

  "I thought you were dead" , my son said, recollecting how he felt post our accident and when i was being carried to the hospital - all of which he witnessed in person, full of fear and worry that the most terrible thing happened to his mother. These words, no matter how hard they are to hear, it was important for him to let me know how he felt. Behind all the brave face he put for everyone else, I needed to hear my son's actual emotion seeing me lifeless for a while. For the last week that I had been back home, he continued to stick to his father, shows up a lot of maturity and growth in the 3 weeks that I missed being his mother - during this time, I was 1 week out in Malaysia for work and 1 week in hospital and 1 week at home - as a patient! We are slowly getting back to the routine of being ourselves. Somethings we cannot get back to how it was anymore. We both have just changed. I don't cuddle him as much as I used to. I let him be, except when I need him to get

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

Some days when you don't want to start on some new show and you don't want to watch something without knowing the ending, you'd go back to shows or movies that you have loved as a child. Yesterday was one such day. I went on to watch Jim Carrey's "The Truman Show". When I watched it as a younger person, I liked it for Jim's acting and the entire storyline seemed outrageous and yet heartbreaking. How can one person's life be in front of camera all the time and how can one be living a lie !  Present age, in 2024, when I watched this, I saw it in a different light. With social media being rampant, with everyone having access to cameras on their phone to instantly capture a video, no one can escape being a "Truman". Any instance of your life can be captured by someone and you could end up being ridiculed or hailed a superstar overnight. The superstardom can fall overnight too, but the ridicule remains long after it subsides too. We also live a li

Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom

Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom - roughly translates from Tamizh as "Some pages missing from the middle". This movie has made me laugh so much and I still remember the condition he had - Medula Oblangata (which may not be the right medical reference - I don't know!). So it is a story of a man who loses his memory of the last 1 year and remembers everything else and functions normally. Little did I know that I'd end up in a similar situation - now, suddenly it is no longer funny! Post accident, I seemed to remember perfectly well, everything up until the 15 minutes before the accident. Anything that occurred from that moment also did not seem to be in retention. I was talking to people, whatsapping, basically, functioning as usual and not knowing that I would not recollect that conversation at all. It's almost 3 months now, I am back to normal I believe, however, June was hazy for sure. What I did while at the hospital and when I was back home, I cannot remember no